Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Angel knocks my door?!

Dear friends,

I am finally back. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting for so long. As what I have mentioned in my earlier post, much had happened in my life in the past few months, but I have sailed through safely, by having huge sense of gratitude to everything that comes to my life.

Since the last post about my treatment progress was written on Aug 18, if you have time to follow my story I shall continue to recap my jouuney from Aug 19.
Aug 19 was a of day miracle. It was a normal afternoon, when I visited Dr. Prashant's clinic to request for some Duphaston to stimulate my mentrual cycle, having said that I was experiencing severe PMS symtoms for already more than 2 weeks.

Dr. Prashant suggested a UPT test before prescribed me with the medication. I complied although I told him I have done one a week ago at home and the result was as usual, negative. I then went to the toilet to provide some specimen while the doctor continue to see other patients.

After 20 mins, my name was called again and I went in to see the Doctor, with nurse W standing beside him.

The doctor passed me the UPT kit and said:"Take this home and frame it up."


I didn't get what he mean, but took over the UPT kit to have a look. OMG, that was the first 2-line diagram that I have ever seen in so many previous UPT since I got married almost 5 years ago!

I couldn't believe my own eyes and started to ask stupid questions: "How come? What does this mean?"

Dr. Prashant:" The urine test shows that you are pregnant, but to confirm further I will send you to do a blood test at level 4."

"OK, but when and how does this happen?" I was still stunned.

" Well, we never know but miracles happen everyday, you don't know when it will come to you." The doctor tried to calm me down.

"However, let's wait for the blood test, if it is positive, we also have to wait for the 1st heart beat, probably in 2 weeks time, to confirm that you are really pregnant. If that is the case, we will take care of you until you pass your 1st trimester before we send you to the gynae of your choice......." Doctor continued to explain the details to me and for what I could remember, nurses congratulated me, but I was like floating in the sky, couldn't believe the news. I got pregnant, naturally! This was certainly too far out from my expectation. I was waiting for the post-IUI cyst to ease and cracking my head to schedule the 2nd IUI amidst of my hectic schedule.

Next, I proceeded to 'float' to level 4 for the blood test. The nurse had a hard time to find my vein even though they had to spend like 20 minutes to 'bend' and 'pat' my arms. I ended up giving way to a patient who came shortly after me. But nothing matters anymore, I was on the cloud nine!

After my blood sample was taken, I went for a meeting at a client's office. Half way through the meeting, I received a call from nurse H who confirmed the blood test result as positive. I thanked her and ended the call without saying much. My heart was fluorishing, my mind was filled with the most beautiful thoughts in life.

After the meeting, one of my co-worker come to me, wanted to know what brand of skin care that I was using because she said my skin was glowing. I wanted to answer her 'baby dust' , but instead I held back and told her I was just using some normal moisturiser that she can easily purchase from the open shelves of many personal stores in the market.

On my way home, I called my mum to tell her the news, she was shocked too but quickly warned me to stay calm and take things easy until the heart beat of the embryo was detected. She also warned me not to tell anyone about the pregnancy until  after I have sailed through the 1st trimester.

In the evening, when my husband was home I did not have a clue on how to reveal the news to him. As usual, we chatted on some other matters and he suddenly remembered that I went to see Doctor Prashant on that day. As I myself was still in the state of shock, I murmured when I answered him. I told him that doctor needed to check the heart beat after 2 weeks.......He was confused and asked if I have any problem with my heart. I finally stammered out the details and he managed to get what I meant. He was overwhelmed and I could almost see his head hitting the ceiling as he jumped up with joy.

The news reached my in-laws after 2 weeks when the baby's heart beat was detected (the embryo was 6 weeks old by then). As per my mother-in-law's order, we have to keep the news in secret until after I am in 12 weeks. So, other than my husband and me, only my mum and my in-laws knew that I am pregnant. Now, I am in week 16. So, I guess I am given the 'permit' to make this public to you, my dear readers.

I was wishing for an angel and out of the blue, an angel knocked my door. I opened the door and welcomed him/her with gratitude. Thank you everyone and everything in this universe that had made my dream of becoming a mother come true.

If you are challenged by PCOS like me, do not ever give up hope on having baby. Be positive, love yourself, take good care of your physical and mental health and most importantly, have regular intimate sex with your spouse. You never know when you will hit the jackpot. In addition, it is always a good suggestion to have an experienced and patient infertility expert like Dr. Prashant to guide you through the journey.

13 comments:

  1. Dear Minzy,

    First of all, thank you for following my blog. It is a true miracle! Amazing! Congratulation!

    I jumped with joy too when come to news like this. Hey, really well done, finally got pregnant naturally after 5 years of trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Minzy. that's really a surprise. I shared ur story with my hubby, and was thinking about ur story whole day. Ur story is a true example of miracle. where u went to buy medicine for P and got the news of BFP. I can imagine how overjoyed one can be. Good luk with ur pregnancy God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arlene & Wannabe Mom: Thanks for your well wishes. Hope that my experience will inspire others not to give up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg omg omg!!!! A true miracle! I just realized this entry...congrats my dear!!!! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big CONGRATS Mingsze. I'm thrilled for you. :) I went to see Dr. Prashant, and he said I may have pcos as well. I did achieve pregnancy twice over the last 14 months but both ended with m/c. I wish that I could have good luck like you. I'm waiting for menses to come, and will go for my first iui the next cycle. wish me luck ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi myrainbow, have faith and I believe your wish will come true. If you haven't started this practice (ignore it if you already have),try to take folic acid (5mg a day) and materna milk powder (Mamil Gold, Anmum, Enfamama or any brand of your choice)everyday. I practised this as I believe it will strengthen my body and hence increase the chances of pregnancy. I started this on my own a month before I went to see Dr. Prashant. Another important thing is 'Do Not Worry'! Many good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! May you have a smooth-sailing pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I've just found your blog and am reading everything in the wrong order but after reading this, I just got tears in my eyes in total happiness for you. I see you now have a lovely son and I am about to embark on my own fertility journey, one that is pretty late for me. But who knows, miracles happen every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marina mia, hope that my story can give you some insipration and motivation. Miracle happens everyday, you might not know how near you already are to the miracle, if you give up half way. Good luck!

      Delete
  9. I am happy for you. While i was reading your. Content, tears dropping frm my eyes. I felt for you because now i am still struggling to have one. Our marriage has already been more than 12 years. I would like to congratulate you n hoping it is not too late. Will angle come n knock my door next time or am i too late for that.....!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mazia, thank you for your well wishes. I personally think that the most important thing in treating infertility is to get help from the right doctor that can diagnose the problem correctly. He should also be decisive and clear in planning out a personalized treatment plan for you. I am fortunate enough to find one. Though I conceive Jaden naturally in the end, but I truly believe that my doctor's treatment and encouragement drew me closer to this miracle. Last but not least, miracle also happens to those who believe in and love themselves. Good luck and take care.

      Delete
  10. Hi Minzy,

    I just cried reading this. I don't know why, maybe it's because the result of my first IUI came as negative today and i have PCOS just like you. I was really hoping for a miracle to happen today, but i guess it's all in God's perfect timing. If you don't mind, can you please pass me the details of the fertility clinic that you went too. I guess it is very true when you say that in the path of fertility, a sensitive and caring doctor is very important. I'm so happy for you btw. Thx. Jaswin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jaswin, thanks for following my post. I have been in your position before and I know how you feel. The feeling of hanging half way in the air and not knowing what lies ahead is unbearable. However, you will never know how close you are to a miracle. Just keep an open mind and bless yourself always. Here is the url of KL Fertility Centre http://www.klfertility.com/
      Just call up the clinic for an initial consultation with Dr. Prashant, I believe he will guide you through the rest of your journey. Wishing that an angel will knock at your door soon!

      Delete