Friday, March 2, 2012

Week 32 - Maternity Check-up

This entry will be a short one due to my 'super numb' fingers caused by Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Date: 29 Feb 2012
Appointment: 10 am
Waiting time: 10 min.

Blood Pressure: 95/65.  I thought this was a bit on the low side, but Dr. Paul said there was nothing to worry about it.

Weight Gain: 1kg ( gained in 2 weeks, so it was acceptable. I guess my effort to eat only nutritious food but not tasty food is showing the result!)

Ultrasound of baby: Baby has settled in the head down position. The chances for natural birth is high. But his face is facing my back (spinal cord), so his facial features remained mysterious to us this week.

Baby's weigh: 1.97kg (gained 270gm compared to 2 weeks ago)

Heart beat: 137 bpm (normal)

Before the ultrasound, I had just told Dr. Paul how agressive my baby was punching and kicking these few days. But for the 2nd time in a row, baby was fast asleep during the ultrasound sessions. Looks like my baby is 'camera' shy :)




Expenses:

Consultation RM  50.00
Ultrasound   RM  50.40
Admin Fees RM    4.00
                                        
TOTAL       RM 104.40 



2 comments:

  1. hi,

    I'm looking for gynae as well... do you know how much Dr Paul charge for normal delivery and c-sec? and do u still remember how much is the charges for down syndrome and blood test? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, thanks for dropping by. The charges for Dr. Paul for normal delivery will be at the range of RM3K-5K; and RM8K-RM10K for c-sec. I did the Nuchal Scan (to estimate the risk of Down's syndorme, Edwards' syndrome and Patau's syndrome) during my first trimester under Dr. Patrick Chia at FMGC (Fetal Medicine & Gynaecology Centre). The charges was RM735.

    ReplyDelete