Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Meeting Dr. Prashant Again

This is a long overdue post.

On Feb 2, 2013, I had an appointment with Dr. Prashant to get my hormone checked, as it has been two consecutive months whereby I had experienced severe migraine a day before my period. When the pain kicked in, my head would be pounding rhythmically, my eyes couldn't even see lights and what I could do was just lay down with my eyes closed. Luckily, both days of the months fell on weekends when I did not need to go to work and my husband was around to take care of Jaden. Besides, I also experienced very heavy flow, accompanied with blood clots. The only lucky thing was I did not experience abdomen cramp and the migraine stopped once the period came.

Upon listening to my description, Dr. Prashant was very certain that I had developed some cysts during those two months. He then performed a transvaginal ultrasound on my pelvic area. The result was other than seeing quite a number of immature ovum,  no cyst was found in both ovaries. Well, no cyst is definitely good news. The doctor's explanation was that my body had flushed out the cyst by itself. Whereas the fact of seeing quite a number of immature ovum reminded me that PCOS will follow me for life - a fact that I have accepted by now. We also saw one big round ovum in one of the ovaries. On seeing this, Dr. Prashant told me that my period would come in a week's time and he was very certain that this time migraine will not be an issue because there was no cyst detected. Well, I could not possibly verify his statement until my period came.

My husband and Jaden were with me throughout the consultation. Although Jaden was not an IVF baby, this definitely did not stop him from having some fun moments with Dr. Prashant and all the nurses. Pictures were taken, chubby cheeks were pinch, laughter were shared in this clinic, where once I had visited every fortnight, just to get a cure for infertility until miracle decided to send me an angel unexpectedly one day.

P/S: 6 days after the consultation, my period came. No migraine, no abdomen cramp, normal flow. The doctor was absolutely right!

Expenses:
Consultation fees - No charge
Prescription - Evening Primrose supplement, to purchased from pharmacy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi..my name is Ruth from Jakarta. I am interested in doing fertility program in KL Fertility Center. Can I ask you some questions regarding the hospital and dr.Prashant? If you don't mind, I would like to contact you via email. Or maybe you can drop message to my email at rose2080@live.com. Thank you so much for your attention..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, you may write to me at kangmingsze@gmail.com. I will try my best to help.

      Delete