Sunday, January 22, 2012

The baby gender guess!

Well, Dr. Paul has finally confirmed the gender of our baby, after the 3D scan done on last Friday.

Tang tang tang tang.....We are having a baby boy! Both my husband and I are all right with either girl or boy, as long as the baby is healthy and normal.

But prior to this, many of my friends predicted I will be having a girl. I do not know what basis they have upon their statements, because they just said 'we feel like you will be having a manja little girl, just like you!'. Hahah, so indirectly, I also know how's their impression towards me. However, in one occasion when I went to buy some maternity clothings, there was an Indian sales woman who confidently told me that I am having a boy as she said my stomach is small and pointy. And according to her, people will not know that I am pregnant if they see from the back of my body, because I still have my waistline. ( That was when I was in week 18, I don't think I still have waistline now, after the sudden weight gain after week 20!)

My mum is especially happy with us having a boy, because she has 3 daughters and my baby will be the first boy in our family.  On the other hand, my mother-in-law who openly wishes for a grandaughter (my husband's siblings somehow produce more boys than girls) has changed her statement after knowing the gender of the baby. She now says, boy is good, because boy can protect his younger sister(s) later on. Hahah.... I still do not know whether I can have another baby yet, and if I can, no one can guarantee the gender too.

After all, we are happy that the gender is confirmed now. At least we know what to choose when it comes to buying baby stuffs.

Boy or girl, we will love our baby!


Our angel at 26 weeks. He has his 2 hands grabbing his head, while this image is taken:)




Week-26 Routine Check-up Expenses:
  • Dr Paul consultation and 3-D scan RM 158
  • Gestational glucose test                  RM   28
                                                   TOTAL RM186

2 comments:

  1. Minzy! How exciting! I hope all is well with you :) I missed blogging so much...hopefully i can share as much as you with the readers now :) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear hubbyNMe, I hope I can continue blogging...but I begin to feel lethargic every now and then, as I am entering the final trimester. Will try my best. You take care too!

    ReplyDelete