Friday, February 17, 2012

Bought my first breast pump

After some online survey and seeking opinions from experienced breast feeding mums, I decided to buy the first breast pump in my life, the Medela Swing.

I travelled all the way from Damansara to Setapak, just to enjoy the good bargain from One Baby World, a baby product specialty store. I found this store on the Internet and realized that they are giving away a lot of useful freebies when you purchase the breast pumps.


Bought this set at RM799

Got these items FOC:
1 Autumnz Cooler Bag
3 packs of Autumnz Reusable Ice Pack
8 bottles of Autumnz PP Milk Storage Bottles
1 pc of Autumnz Comfort Nursing Bra
1 unit of BPA Free Deluxe Bottle Drying Rack worth
1 unit of Receiving blanket
4 pcs Washable Breastpad
Other than Medela, the shop also carries a few other brands of breast pumps. For further details on other promotion, find out more from One Baby World's website

During my visit to the store, Janet was the friendly sales person (most probably also the owner), that offered me great advice on what products to buy and what is not necessary to buy. As a first time mother, I personally like the service, because they provide impartial guidance on what you really need rather than encourage you to buy everything, just to increase their sales transaction. Most importantly, they do not intend to sell you the most expensive brands. Thus, you can save money by buying compatible brands that suit your budget.


AddBought a set of steam steriliser and bottle & food warmer.

Also purchased some additional pairs of nursing bras and breastmilk storage bottles.

I spent about 2 hours in the shop and swiped away my annual local holiday budget :).  Hopefully,  all these items will bring me a certain degree of convenience when I return to work after my maternity leave.

3 comments:

  1. Useful entry :) thank u my dear!

    Ps: any tips on baby cot? I'm just planning, not gonna buy till I reach 7 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Minzy,

    I have some baby boy's clothes to give away. Are you interested? Some of them are rarely worn. Do email me : acbm123@gmail.com, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear HubbyNMe,

    I haven't bought any baby cot either (mother-in-law has this kind of pantang to have baby cot at home before the baby is born, sigh!). However, I have done some window shopping and notice that 'One Stop Baby Centre' at Uptown Damansara (same row as Ambank and CIMB)has the most variety of baby cot. This shop has 3 levels. They display all kinds of baby cot at level-2. Maybe you can do some survey and have an idea of what to buy later. Ikea has baby cots too, but the size is narrower and the side fence is not adjustable, hence I foresee that parents will have difficulty to always have to bend down to put and carry the baby from the cot.

    ReplyDelete