Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Arrival of Angel

Dear readers,

We are delighted to announce the arrival of our angel in the early morning of April 10, 2012. Co-incidentally, 410 is also our house number. Welcome angel, you have knocked at the right door!

At 7:45 am of April 9, I experienced bloody show and my water bag broke, 15 minutes later. The pre-labour signs were clear, though my EDD was still 16 days away. I first informed hubby, who was just about to step out from the house for work. Then, took a shower before calling up Dr.Paul's mobile at 8:15am. He instructed me to stay calm, pack my bag and admit myself to the labour ward within the next 2 hours.

I will write more on the details of the labour pocess after my confinement. The experience was intense for a first time mother like me. Overall, with a birth weight of 2.61kg,  baby Jaden was delivered via natural birth without epidural. My supportive hubby was with me throughout the labour process.

Despite extreme exhaustion, our lives are filled with happiness and gratitude ever since the arrival of Jaden. May he stay healthy, and grow up well.

P/S:  The belief of 'drinking of young coconut water in the third trimester of pregnancy can prevent jaundice in new born baby' did not work for me.  Baby Jaden's jaundice level increased to level 236 on the 3rd day, and is currently under-going phototherapy with a rented UV lamp at home. We will visit Dr. Chai Pei Fan again tomorrow, hopefully Jaden's condition is under control.  


The first moment of life

Jaden Tan, the miracle of my life

The nurses called him 'celik mata' as Jaden's eyes
were already widely open in just a first few minutes after birth.
Phototherapy at home.  Rental charges, RM445 for 3D2N. Additional day, RM 60/day


Expenses:
Mother and delivery charges (3D2N)  RM 3,616
Baby charges                                      RM 1,005
Total                                                 RM 4,621

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Baby Jaden is so adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done mummy! He is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for all the well wishes, parenthood is really a handful! But we are enjoying it:)

    ReplyDelete