Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 36 - Maternity Check-up

I have been down with flu, sinusitis and buried by work lately. Since tomorrow will be week-37 check up, I told myself I must update week-36 check-up tonite, by hook or by crook.

Date:  28 Mac 2012 (Wed)
Appointment Time: 9:30 am
Waiting Time: 25 mins

Blood pressure: 77/105
Weight Gain: + 1.5kg
Urine: normal

I was down with flu, gradually leading to a full-blown sinusitis, as expected.  Dr. Paul wanted to prescribe antibiotic for me but I did not want any foreign substance affecting my baby (although doctor insisted that it was perfectly safe for me to take a course of antibiotic at this stage of the pregnancy). I decided to rely on my natural immune system to fight the virus.  The concerned doctor at the end still prescribed Clarityne and Actifed, 2 types of medication to mitigate my runny and blocked nose. 3 days of MC were also given, but I did not make use of it. Just wanted to finish as much work as I could before the baby arrives.

Baby heart beat: 157 bps
Baby weigh: 2.5kg
Amniotic fluid level: optimum
Position: head down, engaged, condusive for natural birth

During the ultrasound, we saw our beloved baby, he definitrely had packed up some fat and looked more chubby now. Of course, without fail, he was posing his signature pose, that covered part of his face with one hand. Fetal movement was strong, sometimes I could feel that he was making the 'wave' with his arms and feet in my tummy. My tummy ended up distorted whenever he performed his stunts. Hubby is the number 1 fan of the baby's performance.

By the time of this writing, the condition of my flu is getting better, though is not fully recovered. Workload wise, have managed to clear up quite a major portion. I feel more relieved and can confidently say, yes, I am ready to welcome my baby, if he is ready too.

Expenses:

Admin fees      RM  4.00
Consultation    RM 50.00
Ultrasound      RM 50.40
Medication      RM 28.35
TOTAL          RM 132.75

No comments:

Post a Comment