Monday, July 4, 2011

2nd IUI......On Hold

4 July 2011 (Mon)

Today marks the 3rd day of my period.

It was a beautiful Saturday when my period visited. However, it was awfully unbearable. I attended an event in the morning and the pain swarmed in when I went back home in the afternoon. I had a very bad stomach cramp until I could not even keep my body straight. I turned, rolled, curled on the bed, but there is no posture that could mitigate the pain. I remembered one of my friends told me that labour pain is a thousand times more painful than menstrual pain. If it really is, giving birth is truly an act of insanity! There was even a point that I wished that I could just pass out, just to escape from the pain. In fact, I did. With my palms holding my lower abdomen while I was still searching for the best posture, I fell asleep. The pain was all gone after 2 hours of deep sleep.

Well, with the arrival of my period, I went to Dr. Prashant’s clinic to see if it is possible to have my 2nd IUI today. Unfortunately, he found a big cyst ( I did not bother to know how big is it anymore) on my right ovary, the side that produced 2 big follicles last month.  Due to this, I was told to take a break this month.

Having ovary cysts after IUI is pretty common. According to the doctor, ovaries always response by showing cysts after they were forcefully stimulated to produce eggs. All the extra follicles that one gets will increase the chance of getting cyst. When this happens, we let the ovaries rest and hopefully when we leave them alone, the cyst(s) will subside naturally too. Of course, the patient can be prescribed with medication to force the cysts to regress, but my doctor prefer to go with the natural way. I agreed with him. When someone is angry, leave him alone. This is simple theory.

So, am I upset to sit a month out? I thought I would. But, surprisingly, I am doing fine. I  know that my ovaries have been working very hard. They deserve a good rest. My mind too. Keep thinking of all the treatments and forecasting the outcome is killing. This month, I am going to enjoy my work, my personal time and the quality time with my love ones.  

You should not treat your life as incomplete, just because you are reproductive challenged. In fact, imperfection is part of the perfection of this universe. You own your life, you are responsible to make it beautiful and meaningful no matter what obstacle comes along.

Total Expenses: No charge

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...!
    found your blog when i Google-ed for IUI procedure.

    this month will be my first time too.
    hope everything went smoothly.

    Good luck for the next IUI..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope my experience helps. Lots of baby dust for you!

    ReplyDelete