Thursday, June 23, 2011

1st IUI - 11th Day Post IUI

Not yet, I have not done any pregnancy test yet. My doctor told me to perform the home pregnancy test next Monday, so I decided to be an obedient patient. Indeed, I guess it is my subconcious mind that want  me to be patient. At least I still have a few more days to remain hopeful if the end result is not desirable.

The pain, mainly on my right ovary that started 3 days after the IUI and reaches its peak 6 days after the pain started, finally subsided yesterday (10 days post IUI). Technically, I cannot categorize it as 'pain'. The feeling is more like a sense of constant tension and tightness, that causes discomfort when you move your body. It is very different from the pain that caused by PMS (Prementrual Syndrome).

Although the findings from the Internet shows that it is not unusual for women to experience ovary pain after IUI,  I still called up the clinic to check if this is really normal and most importantly how long will it take to subside. The nurse replied that it is normal to feel some pain due to the enlarged ovaries and the pain usually subsides after 2 days since the pain begins. So, I suspected my ovaries were really very swollen since the pain took more than 2 days to subside. Due to the discomfort, I have since stopped my regular exercise routine. I also noticed that I have gained quite a bit around the waisteline. Trousers that used to be loose can now be nicely fitted. This is definitely not a good news if I am not pregnant.

Well, after the ovary pain subsided, I started to have the familiar PMS feeling. On and off, there will be some abdominal cramp. My left calf also have the 'wanting to cramp' feeling, just I do not know when it will cramp for real. Of course, if you ask me, I definitely do not want to take these as the indications of the period is coming. But this is really something that beyond my control.

Maybe I should be more relax and not to be so neurotic in observing every changes in my body.

Well, if the period comes, welcome it!
If I hit the jackpot next Monday, celebrate it!
Either way, life goes on!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck my dear! Keep up our positive attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your best wishes. If it is meant to be, it will happen one day.Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms and am in my 11th day after IUI. Could you send us an update of the results?
    I hope you now have a little one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. even am experiencing exactly the same symptoms and today(29/12/12)is my 11th day of my IUI.DOCTOR told me to take pregnancy test on thursday(3/01/13)can't wait to know the result.anyway best wishes to every1.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chintha, may angel knock at your door, many good luck to you!

      Delete
    2. hiiii minzy thanks for ur sweeet reply!!....i took a BHCG on 2nd janu it is BFP, am prgnant!!!!:-)am soooooo happy...gud luck 2 everyone!!

      Delete
    3. Wow! Congratulation! It is such a good news to begin a new year! Please take good care of yourseld and most importantly stay happy and enjoy your pregnancy!

      Delete
  5. I did iui on the 4th and i m praying that my af would not come and will have bfp like u.. Its my 4th iui and today is my 14th day post iui..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay positive, may good luck casts on you this time!

      Delete
  6. Thanks minzy.. I am two days late but i am still worried because i am confused between sign of pms and pregnancy.. I am praying and walking slowly now.. Hope this time will get bfp!

    ReplyDelete