Friday, June 3, 2011

Ist IUI - Folliova Jab

Today is Day 6 of my cycle. I went to the clinic to have my 1st jab of Folliova (which is actually FSH to stimulate the maturity of eggs).

I arrived at 10:15 am. The nurse who was at the reception counter mentioned my name aloud " XXX is here for her jab!" to another nurse in another room upon seeing me entering the clinic. The atmostphere of the clinic looked more relax than usual. To my surprise, the clinic was not crowded at all, and the lights of the other corner of the waiting area were turned off. There were only 2 nurses (normally there were more) and 2 patients, who seemed to come for jab or some other small procedure. It looked like Dr. Prashant was not in. Anyway, my jab was meant to be done by a nurse.

After 2 minutes, I was in the 'jab' room. The nurse asked me to lift up my shirt, revealing my belly button. She asked me which area that I wanted her to poke the jab. Haha....I asked her which area will be less painful? She shrugged and smiled. Immediately, I knew that wherever I pick, I will still fell the pain. Good thing, able to feel the pain means that I am still alive. She finally picked a 'site', which was about an inch away to the right of my belly button.

If I said it was not painful at all, then I am lying. But, it was really something bearable for a mature adult. This little pain was not a big deal at all.  When I asked is there any side effect should I expect? The nurse told me it would be lethargic. Well, since I have 'survived' from fatigue with Duphaston, bloated and nausea with Letrozole; I don't think I cannot survive from lethargy with Falliova. Just that I need to constantly remind myself to be mindful while I am driving and doing my work.

After setting my next appointment, I left the clinic.

My next appointment with Dr. Prashant is on 6 June (Monday). Looking forward to see the progress of my eggs. In fact, I don't know what to expect. It has been quite a long time that I do not have regular period naturally ( most of the time, I have induced period by taking hormone pills prescribed by doctors). The nurses said it might takes a few cycles of IUI to see how my body response to the treatment. I agreed with them, I am now on an experimental journey to explore my body. Other than being an obedient experiment subject, there is really nothing more that I can do to 'control' the outcome.

Do my best, accept whatever the outcome is and keep trying (well, I know I can only say this if there is still positive balance in my bank account).

No comments:

Post a Comment